Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: EGLYSD class b
Date: Jan 05, 2006 @ 17:23
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

& in daylight this keeps looking funnier

for what i didnt realize last night is that the only 2
available border segments that we can use for
implementing your proposal
however distantly & questionably demarcated they may
be
namely the egly & lysd convergents
dont intersect as would be necessary
but are in parallel or unison
obviously
since each of them is defined as someones idea of the
25th meridian

& thats possibly the same idea
or datum
which would thus produce a single geodesic meridian
line remaining to be divided into its 2 respective
segments at somesones idea of the egsd convergent &
22nd parallel
rather than 2 very near parallel line segments

but it is perhaps just as possibly not the same idea
or datum

so since we dont yet know if these egly & lysd
segments with spotty demarcations at least 68 years
old & up to 297 miles away have even been datumized
yet
we also dont yet know if they would produce on the one
hand a single continuous line that simply needs to be
segmented at the right point
or on the other hand two very near parallel lines in
need of a very short tripointing stitch
wherever true egsd actually does or hypothetically
would intersect them

&
the luke warm paper trail that would have to be picked
up & followed to answer these questions leads
in the case of egly
thru perhaps any of the 5 docs listed at the end of
ibs 61 & or the 1938 proces verbal not appended there
& in the case of lysd
possibly but not necessarily a 1934 italo british
egyptian agreement
since even the ibs seems at a loss to source the 12
funky lysd rocks we would need to use for the
datumization

so at this point
i would have to call this proposed methodology a very
hard pull toward a very likely mirage

but a great idea nonetheless

with great potential usefulness universally

if we should ever find another case like this

& another glimmer on the horizon
since the ibs says
a small boundary beacon is reported to mark tdlysd
which brownlie calls a heap of stones btw
http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#tdlysd
it is too soon to rule out an undatumized yet still
somehow marked eglysd
however humble & nontrilateral & thus only quasi or
semi official it may be

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs61.html

<http://www.fig.net/pub/cairo/papers/ts_45/ts45_01_abidin_etal.pdf>

http://www.fig.net/pub/cairo/papers/ts_45/ts45_01_abidin_etal.pdf
> its
> > >
> > > exactly my point as well as my guess here at
> eglysd
> > > since day 1 in 1925 & even up to the present

=== message truncated ===

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com