Subject: Re: yikes could njpa be a condo & thus njnypa & denjpa trilines rather than tripoints
Date: Dec 29, 2005 @ 16:04
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

this admittedly imperfect njnypa map depiction
dating from perhaps as early as 1884 & possibly revised as late as 1906
http://docs.unh.edu/NY/prtj08sw.jpg
still refers to the tristate rock
rather than the tri states monument
as of yet

of course thats not really a surprise
nor much of a help
since there is also no hint on it of the 1882 or earlier nypa due west stitch
which we already know went unrealized by the usgs for another century
nor any hint on it either of the then century old 1783 njpa concurrent jurisdiction condo
which had thus presumably already been forgotten too
or else quietly divvied up by then

so still not much to hang ones hat on in any case
but it does suggest or even document the already huge neglect & or misunderstanding of
these state lines