Subject: re cninnpw confirmed blowing in wind but better try made
Date: Dec 10, 2005 @ 23:58
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

yikes
last week as you may recall from the attached
nepal was claiming china had nibbled off 75 sq km of
the kalapani area adjoining &
including their western tripoint
& today she is claiming india has done the exact same
thing there
except the supposed damages are 5 times as great in
this case
http://newsblaze.com/story/20051210073733nnnn.nb/newsblaze/OPINIONS/Opinions.html

but it may be worth noting also
that this new article reiterates the contention made
in the earlier one that the tripoint is at
the source of the kali aka mahakali aka kalapani river

in accordance with 19th century treaties
whereas the 1961 cnnp agreement in
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS050.pdf
at appendix 2 under article 1
seems to place cninnpw at the watershed trijunction of
this kali & 2 distinctly different
rivers named tinkar & mapchu or karnali
which must be nearby but actually in a different
location
so maybe it is worth asking too if a single
miscomprehension could explain a double nibble

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> fortunately on an otherwise slow news day in the
world
> of multipointing
> it turns out i did initially miss the real
tripointing
> import of this news bulletin from yesterday
> http://www.kantipuronline.com/kolnews.php?&nid=58813
> which is that
> even if there is an 1815 de jure cninnpw tripoint at
> the source of the kalapani
> nevertheless cninnpw has actually been since at
least
> 1962 de facto
> & apparently at least 3 villages down the kalapani
> from the source point
>
> & these images are closer to this de jure kalapani
> source tripoint than we have ever come before
> http://www.euttaranchal.com/focus/kalapani.php
> possibly because i had been misspelling it kalipani

> where btw the reference to local maoist guerrillas
now
> seems a misidentification also
> since this fresher news report makes the ones in the
> immediate triarea more likely to be chinese regulars
>
> my guess tho is that within the mentioned 75 sq km
of