Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: special congrats may be in order for czdepl improvement
Date: Dec 05, 2005 @ 16:21
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

bravo mike & thanx

i think what is clear now with benefit of your pic 17a
is that when you shot 19a you were either zooming & or
more likely practically leaning out over the river to
get such a tight shot of the creek mouth

so even without getting wet
you could well have been closer to the true tripoint
at that moment than anyone reporting here has ever
reached or indicated before

but what is also extremely interesting in what you
bring now is that
tho it is necessary to use ones imagination to
determine the true tripoint position
& tho the tripoint is imaginary as you say
in the sense that it isnt directly marked
it is nevertheless legally defined with considerable
exactitude
as the point in the middle of the neisse where it is
met by the middle of this creek

or so i do believe
tho i admit i still havent actually seen any of the 3
border treaties in this case
& am thus still only presuming this description is
true
just because it is almost universally the case with
nonnavigable border stream confluences

but then
assuming the median lines are the correct borders as i
do
the question then becomes
exactly how should one imagine or determine their
conjunction

& of course just eyeballing them & visualizing where
they meet is enough for all practical purposes
since even extending a retractable tape measure across
the neisse & then wading out to put ones finger on the
exactly measured midpoint of it waters isnt likely to
improve perceptibly on anyones best guess from the
bank

but i think the czpl convergent coming in along the
dry creek bed is a bit more deceptive than either of
the other 2 convergents within the neisse centerline
because this creek comes in not perpendicularly to the
neisse but at an angle

& it is very tempting
when trying to imagine czdepl
to just follow & visually gauge also the angle of the
confluent centerline
until it reaches or would reach the center of the
mainstream

& this is often if not usually more or less what
happens too in the case of navigable as opposed to
nonnavigable border river confluences

the navigation channel of the tributary tends to
continue angling downstream to a wye junction with the
main navigation channel
in a geometric format i think many of us may be
imagining here in the case of czdepl too

but here i think
based on other similar situations
it is really a tee rather than a wye junction we are
looking for in the center of the neisse
at a point exactly perpendicular to the center of the
wet part of the mouth of the tributary creek
& not following the angle of the creek
as its lilliputian navigation channel might have done

& granted both these centerlines must change
constantly albeit slightly
depending on the variable widths & positions of the
water streams at any given moment
so this is a living mobile tripoint we are looking for
here rather than a stationary one
even if it is living & moving about in a rather
limited area
perhaps no larger than the size of the person wading
out to try to find & reach her
so not of much real consequence to anyone trying for a
class b visit as in basically being there
because
tho they might never place their finger on the exactly
true tripoint of the moment
& tho the midline trijunction point might move away
over time from where it presently is
they will know at least that some part of their body
is undoubtedly on the tripoint
both in the moment & probably for a good long time to
come
even if not until the end of the history of czdepl

so therefore
as i gaze & imagine more intently into your 19a tight
shot of the creek mouth
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_15658238/DE-PL-CZ/19a+Drei+PL+and+CZ+from+DE.jpg?bcV3DlDBEm2Vcgtw
or if the link fails please see borderpoint file pic
number 2
i see czdepl come into focus not at bottom center
as i previously did when i cheered prematurely
but actually at if not perhaps just beyond the lower
right corner of that lovely frame

or in terms of our maiden visit to this tripoint &
jespers premier tripoint pic
http://nicolette.dk/borderbase/tpphoto3/036055114.jpg
the tripoint position according to the above reckoning
now looks to be just beside the bulge on his right hip
if it is not actually hidden behind his back

& i think your visit here mike marks a considerable
advancement in the state of play at czdepl
& so much so that i can only look forward all the more
eagerly to our first amphibious try here
because there is now every reason to make one & expect
it will be successful

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs