Subject: Re: special congrats may be in order for czdepl improvement
Date: Dec 05, 2005 @ 07:50
Author: xachary04 ("xachary04" <xachary04@...>)

I added photo 17a in BorderPoint Photos for a closer shot of the
imaginary tripoint in the middle of the river. Hopefully, this
photo will help determine the actual tripoint.

The dry creek bed between CZ and PL seems to be the actual boundary.

Unfortunately, I didn't reach the actual tripoint as I didn't want
to get my feet wet. If I had been with a group of people and if I
had known the depth of the Neisse, I might have gone in the water.
Maybe next time.

I did find it strange that I had to walk about 1 km from the Polish
side to the border crossing, then walk about 1 km back to the
tripoint on the Czech side. It would have been so easy to step over
the dry creek bed. I didn't want to take any risks so I went
through the proper crossing.

Other sidenotes:

To take the train from Görlitz DE to Zittau DE, one must pass
through Krzewina Zgorzelecka (Ostritz), Poland for a stop. If one
leaves or enters the train, border checks are done by two guards--
one German and one Polish.

To go from Zittau DE to Hradek nad Nisou CZ by foot or car, one must
pass through Poland for about 2 km. If going by train, one must
travel through Poland. However, the train does not stop in Poland.
Both the German and Czech border checks are performed at the Zittau
train station.

Michael B
Canada

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos