Subject: Re: condo tripoints was south sudan separatist tripoints now foreseeable in 2009
Date: Nov 23, 2005 @ 16:56
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

whooops
correction is necessary in morning light
tho the celebration can continue
since
a closer examination of the dim geocoordinates on this map
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/sudan_pol00.jpg
& of clearer ones on better maps
has revealed to me that the shape of the condo is not a trapezoid after all
hahaha
& indeed i am happy to say her area has multiplied on my new improved mental map
to incorporate the entire words al wahdah on the above map
barely but fully
& not just to approach the cedilla under the h

or in other words
i pulled too small a sw corner tab off of kurdufan
& should have peeled the condo up at the next meridional cut line to the east
or 3 turn points farther up the line
as well as peeled it up a good deal farther due north from there
before tearing it off westward to darfur

but besides the shape & size change
this correction places the new eastern tripoint not on the bahr al arab at all
as i claimed in darkness last night
but out in the blank space at this extant state line turnpoint just east of the word wahdah

or at least that is the closest i can make it out
subject to further verification & precision

so
evidently
not necessarily a new boundary point
but a virgin tripoint nonetheless

& that much harder to find

& i should probably also clarify in morning light
that
leaving novel codes aside
& assuming south sudan is ss & north sudan or rump sudan is still sd
then these 2 new northsouth condo tripoints are already now legally
whatever else they may be
sd2sdsdssssw & sd2sdsdsssse respectively

the pure virgin being the latter

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> [...]
> > to whatever extent this future may be predictable
> > but also evidence of a hitherto unnoticed but presently real north south condominium
> > & possibly even a steer toward locating its surprise bonus condo tripoints too
> > http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/db900SID/SZIE-5ZJR4Z?OpenDocument
> >
> > for evidently all that is needed for this is a map of the mentioned 9 ngok dinka
> chiefdoms
> > seeing as they are all now officially in 2 places at once
> > straddling the divide between north & south
> >
> > according to this recent comment
> > http://www.sudaneseonline.com/earticle2005/oct5-50593.shtml
> > the boundary demarcation process of the condo territory has already been finalized
> >
> > so
> > can anyone find or point the way to an official or even an unofficial map of it
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> > > notwithstanding the many pitfalls inherent in deep
> > > crystal ball gazing
> > > first
> > > an expert opinion
> > > http://www.pinr.com/report.php?ac=view_report&report_id=376&language_id=1
> > > namely
> > > that there is already a high likelihood that in 4
> > > years the south of sudan aka ss will vote to separate
> > > from the rest of the present sudan aka sd
> > > as allowed by the recent peace agreement
> > >
> > > second
> > > the historic & effective north south boundary
> > > in bold yellow line here
> > > http://www.sudanreeves.org/modules.php?
> > op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
> > >
> > > third
> > > for combination with & extrapolation from the above
> > > map
> > > a map of the existing 26 states of sudan & all their
> > > boundaries
> > > revealing exactly how & where the southernmost 10
> > > states can be expected to flake off from the
> > > northermost 16
> > > http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/sudan_pol00.jpg
> > > producing 2 new world class tripoints
> > > namely
> > > in the west
> > > with the resulting rump sudan & the central african
> > > republic
> > > the putative cdsdss
> > > at the present trijunction of the south or janub
> > > darfur state
> > > & the west or gharb bahr al ghazal state
> > > with haute kotto prefecture of caf
> > > aka cfsd2hksdwb
> > > &
> > > in the east
> > > with the rump sudan & ethiopia
> > > the putative etsdss
> > > at the present tristate point of
> > > the blue nile or an nil al azraq state
> > > & the upper nile or a ali an nil state
> > > with the ethiopian state of beni shangul
> > > aka etsd2bebnun
> > >
> > > fourth
> > > endeavoring to zoom in further
> > > the former point falls roughly at center here

client=public&X=2700000&Y=1000000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0

&coordsys=mercator&db=w3&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinf

osel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=4000000&multimap.x=246&multim
> > ap.y=181
> > > slightly west of midway between jebel manda & mont
> > > abourassein
> > > & the latter point falls roughly at center here
> > > http://multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?

client=public&X=3800000&Y=1050000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0