Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] WG: Old tp photo
Date: Nov 21, 2005 @ 18:54
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

I had been told recently that it is "philistine" rather than "philister", or
was it "pharisee"? Can't remember my blab of yesterday.

But one thing I know for sure: It says "thank you" and not "thanx". I have
learned in school as well that even American English knows some rules of
punctuation, meant to make it easier for the reader to understand what is
written, unless the writer intends to produce inintelligible babble. Not to
speak of capital letters here and there.

I am not aware of any other "bits" than the ones addressed already. Since it
is certain we deal with today's north Bavarian border at a place that
previously was Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, in other words was previously not a
Bavarian border, I speculate the small marker at the picture's right side is
NOT a Kingdom-of-Bavaria border marker, but "only" a local community marker.
Hence also its minor size.

If the stone to the left is not an Altenburg stone, and if we continue to
assume it still reads AL on it there may be a chance, altough improbable,
that AL stands for a community in the area. Two sub-areas may be considered,
where 1e and 1c meet Bavaria on the map of "Thueringische Staaten" 1) west
of Coburg, and 2)east of Coburg. My road map 1 : 300,000 that carries
practically every village shows nothing that goes with AL.

We "may coax" and find her out, since we are "in the neighborhood": This
insinuation does not pay attention to the fact that due to American
over-consumption of gasoline our gasoline has become scarce and so dear that
pleasure trips of such a nature have become prohibitive. I would normally
take the bike to explore, but have to wait till next spring. Then perhaps.

Wolfgang