Subject: Re: a tripointing puzzle joke
Date: Nov 21, 2005 @ 10:25
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

yes very nice
& what you add about the possibility of folk allocation may be true
but the official town of richland map & the usgs topo do at least agree on adri
all the way from adcori to the first supposed adri turnpoint & beyond
so the folk who did this allocation must have included the tax collectors of the 2 towns

still sleeping on it tho
zzzzz zzzzz

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>
wrote:

> Wasn't that nice of the journalist to include the name of the surveyor and the
> town in which to find him?
>
> Of course, the business about two houses this way and five that might refer to
> changes from where the people only THOUGHT that they lived (folk allocation),
> rather than the actual change from the line as conventionally mapped to the one
> newly surveyed.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

z=17&n=4457182&e=686802&s=100&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

> > & this would then project the new geodesic segment
> > thru your found point to a new adcori no more than
> > about a quarter of a mile southwest of old adcori on
> > extant cori
> > or roughly no farther from old adcori than the cursor
> > cross indicates here
> > http://topozone.com/map.asp?
z=17&n=4468552&e=685306&s=100&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25
> > but probably way way closer to it in fact
> > since remember only 5 of all those black dots will
> > change from richland to adams
> >
> > indeed if we were trying to guess by just reallocating
> > black dots
> > which after all makes a certain amount of sense too
> > then the drift might only be about a quarter as much
> > as that
> > or to only about here
> > http://topozone.com/map.asp?
z=17&n=4468755&e=685438&s=100&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25