Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] a tripointing puzzle joke
Date: Nov 21, 2005 @ 01:50
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

No intrusion at all.

The article focuses on the Campbells, of the newly divided house, but they are
unlisted. It also mentions their neighbors on Solomon Run Road, the Rentons,
who suddenly find themselves entirely in Adams Township. The Rentons are at
1247 Solomon Run Road, Johnstown. Mapping that address on TerraServer produces
the red dot on this map: http://tinyurl.com/bk8ux . The house on the west side
of the road at that point is about 400 feet from the line shown.

Of course, we don't know that the us2pa3ca4adcori tripoint was displaced at all
by the new survey. The newfound error might have affected only the opposite
(southern) terminus of the Adams-Richland geodesic segment in question, which is
no tripoint at all.

Might this be another one of those cases where you end up phoning the surveyor?

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA