Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] es2ascbcl
Date: Nov 14, 2005 @ 08:27
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

The buzón shown in http://www.madejuno.com/veronica/tesorero.htm certainly
is NOT a tripoint marker. As far as I can remember from my climb in 1967
there is nothing else on the summit, but this may have changed now.

Not necessarily the summit is a tripoint, even when Internet sources claim
it to be. As an example I may quote Pena Trevinca, said to be the tripoint
for Ourense, León and Zamora. Close inspection of a detailed map indicates
that 1) there are 2 Penas Trevinca, first the "real" one on the border
OU/ZA, then another "phantom" one a few hundred metres north, on the border
OU/LE. 2) Approximately in the middle between them the LE/ZA border reaches
the ridge, at a totally insignificant point close to Pena Negra. Again, no
markers in the field, except a rusty iron tube on Pena Negra and a collapsed
concrete cross on Pena Trevinca.

BUT: Nobody around, summertime, clear skies, a sleeping bag, stars in the
sky - seldom sleeping on a highpoint was more gratifying.

Wolfgang