Subject: Re: DEPLCZ
Date: Oct 26, 2005 @ 17:15
Author: xachary04 ("xachary04" <xachary04@...>)

I was right there. That creek between Poland and the Czech Republic
was completely dry. There is a nice bike trail that is on the Czech
side that runs parallel to the Polish border. Even at the border
post, the creek was dry. I have pics. I wish I could show them to
everyone now but these public terminals do not have Sony Memory Stick
slots.

I was about 1 meter from the PLCZ line on both sides. The DE side is
a little farther away. I do have pics from all three sides.

One sidenote: on the Polish road between Germany and the Czech
Republic, gas/petrol prices were listed in Euros--not zlotys.

I took photos of the rivers, markers, flags, monuments, and warning
signs. I´ll have to learn how to make a webpage or at least have one
of you tell me how I can post my pictures when I get back to Canada.

Mike B, Canada
In Munich

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>
wrote:

> bravo mike
> the relatively dry conditions make it sound like you must have come
closer to the actual
> tripoint than anyone has ever reported here before
> & we certainly look forward to your pix & full account
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "xachary04" <xachary04@y...>
wrote:

> > I am in Europe. Last week, I made it to the DEPLCZ tripoint. I
> > first saw the tripoint in Zittau DE. After getting my Canadian
> > passport stamped at Zittau DE, I walked down the Polish country
road
> > to the same tripoint. The Neisse-Nysa-Nisa River was flowing
> > slowly. The creek between PL and CZ was completely dry. Later I
> > backtrack along the Polish trail leading to the tripoint. I
walked
> > to the PLCZ checkpoint. Again, I had my passport stamped. All
the
> > Europeans just seem to stream through the checkpoint. I walked
along
> > the Czech trail to the same tripoint. A half-hour walk that
could
> > take less than one second by hopping over the dry stream. I took
> > pictures. I´ll show you them when I get back to Canada. I know
> > several of you have been to the same tripoint. This was my first
> > tripoint so it was special to me. I also took pictures of the
border
> > stops.
> >
> > I also went to Snezka-Sniezka Mountain CZPL (No customs) and
Cesky