Subject: Re: China-Afghanistan with pink alert
Date: Oct 25, 2005 @ 15:02
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx richard our regular tashkurgan man

thats a real breakthru here

7 official & or unofficial mountain passes at least
hence much more than previously reported or supposed
tho i hasten to add i was distracted by a potential virus warning
just as i was excitedly proceeding to investigate your link

so any further particulars on these 7 passes would be much appreciated if available
from yourself or anyone who has successfully proceeded
but particularly on the passes nearest to afcntj & afcnpk aka afcnjk
if we should be so lucky
for tripointing access

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Lam" <richardlam11@h...> wrote:

> According to the Google cache of this website: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:
yTt0pVvStWsJ:www.chinanews.com.cn/2001-11-16/26/
139273.html+%E4%B8%AD%E9%98%BF%E8%BE%B9%E5%A2%83&hl=zh-CN

> China shares seven crossing points with Afghanistan. The writer of the article has visited
two of the mountain passes. He mentioned that other than border checkpoints, sentry
posts and tents put up by some nomads, there are no other humans around. The passes
are impassable to all except horses and camels between October and April / May on
account of snow. The article went on to describe attempts by refugees and weapon
smugglers to cross the boundary into China.

--