Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] China-Afghanistan
Date: Oct 25, 2005 @ 11:23
Author: Richard Lam ("Richard Lam" <richardlam11@...>)

According to the Google cache of this website: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:yTt0pVvStWsJ:www.chinanews.com.cn/2001-11-16/26/139273.html+%E4%B8%AD%E9%98%BF%E8%BE%B9%E5%A2%83&hl=zh-CN

China shares seven crossing points with Afghanistan. The writer of the article has visited two of the mountain passes. He mentioned that other than border checkpoints, sentry posts and tents put up by some nomads, there are no other humans around. The passes are impassable to all except horses and camels between October and April / May on account of snow. The article went on to describe attempts by refugees and weapon smugglers to cross the boundary into China.

Richard Lam