Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] hapiri geocoords but why
Date: Oct 21, 2005 @ 23:26
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

all very interesting
but i still have to wonder
what of our friends the surveyors who routinely give
gps generated latitudes & longitudes in degminsec plus
5 decimal places
which is to say
in submillimetric range

i know they pay a big price to buy as well as to lug &
operate this stuff
but my question is
is there no intermediate state of art & price point
that russ might be at
between your everymans level & the super technical
survey level
thatd serve his also considerable professional needs
in piloting ships

but please understand too
i am actually not so interested in this super gpsr
tech for hapiri
since i have russ himself for the eye witness here
just by chance
hahaha
as i am interested in it for my several other hard
berkshire nuts
which really would benefit from such a huge
improvement
from 100 foot range down to 3 foot range
if true

& that would make all the difference in the world
in some of the more hideously impassable & overgrown
places i know my er geocaches are buried under
& possibly even smithereened under
like say a fallen cathedral pine tree

funnily i never felt either selective availability or
its loss as a loss

& have been eschewing much of the hi tech til now
tho i acknowledge it is nothing to sneeze at

& since my objective has become a semblance of
perfection
i may no longer have the luxury of omitting anything

=== message truncated ===

http://farechase.yahoo.com