Subject: Re: The Journal of Andrew Ellicott
Date: Oct 19, 2005 @ 21:09
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

oh & getting back to the question of the oldest surviving mound
i am glad it is looking like you will have easy access to the flood plain
where all these hottest prospects are concentrated
tho i am still scratching my head over the idea of any of them surviving 2 centuries of
flooding there

& also over the idea of anyone constructing a mound on the steep valley wall at point d

& also over the idea of any of mounds 1 thru 5 matching up with any section corner

so
my latest revised guess is
the oldest easily recoverable mound may be number 6
or the westernmost range corner mound
if indeed it is that
tho i expect you will find something at point d

just maybe not necessarily a fully manifested mound there