Subject: slight correction Re: The Journal of Andrew Ellicott
Date: Oct 14, 2005 @ 20:53
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> ok but be aware that ellicotts measurements
> & 18th century measurements in general
> do not exactly equal modern measurements
>
> the discrepancy becomes clearest if you compare the
> number of his mounds with the actual mileage today
> there between the mississippi & the chattahoochee
>
> it is something on the order of 10 percent off
> i seem to recall

well
yes & no
as i see 381 is given as the number of the mounds
& i can estimate 395 or 400 as the number of miles
so we are looking at something more on the order of 4 or 5 percent than 10 percent

but tho smaller
thats no less of a wild card to have to insert in your maths
whatever it is

but just a different constant of aberration