Subject: Re: ellicott mound prospects in louisiana
Date: Oct 09, 2005 @ 17:39
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

wow that was lucky & it will prolong the fun too

i had a fantastic good time myself today
on the approximately 8th or 10th earnest hapiri try
but must report in brief
in case anyone is in a hurry
that i had scarcely even crossed route 44 when i was compelled to suspend the try

thats right
never even reached berkshire county
hahahaha

the longer version may be entertaining too tho

jc
who has been staying at her parents in millerton
& i
had the rendezvous plan all set for this morning since yesterday

but when i tried to phone her this morning to fully activate it just before leaving cream hill
no one answered
on 2 separate tries
& the answering machine was unfamiliar
etc

later i learned this disconnect was because she got flooded out & was staying down the
road at her brothers instead
& that our whole plan would thus prove to be a nonstarter too

but unawares i continued with the plan anyway
since i had another appointment on the way also
& figured the light was probably still blinking green anyway
& that i could eventually catch up with jc anyway
without even seriously breaking stride
for this still inexplicable mishap

my herbalist in falls village was in rare form
purveying his fine new hybrid of spice & northern light
& he also treated me to a side trip to his favorite kayaking whitewater
called the rattlesnake
just below the great falls of the housatonic there
which were all aroar
& gave me the first intimation that maybe a rafting expedition on a streaming pond might
not be such a great idea in such an awesome freshet

yet i persisted
proceeding next to load up at my bank in salisbury where i first reached route 44
& then to head for jc & the raft & metal detector etc in millerton
thinking how lovely to be making a tristate outing of it
& all the while looking for a phone booth to try to make first contact as well

at mcdonalds in millerton the burritos were ok but the phones were still acting funny
so i proceeded to just go look for jc or her car at her parents or brothers there

no sign of her at either place
tho i noticed the aftermath of the flood without thinking much of it yet

back downtown to millerton
where 2 more phones acted funny
etc etc
& finally i reached jc on my cell & her cell

& she was in freakin pawling

which was all i heard because the connection was so bad

but it told me enough to realize at last that we had a nonstarter at high noon
for a hapiri try that had been promised for & earnestly pursued since daybreak

hahahahaha

& after a little reflection i realized it was probably a very good thing that we had been so
cosmically prevented from getting ourselves into trouble rafting just then
directly above a dam
etc
& also a good thing that the next opportunity wont come until perhaps much later in the
week now
when the pond should be streaming much less & the multidimensional green blinker
let us hope
may be more propitiously attuned

but the extraordinary degree of cosmic retardation that has already occurred suggests we
may already have successfully accessed & activated all the blinking green lights
on all the levels & in all the theaters concerned
if not in all creation

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>