Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ellicott mound prospects in louisiana
Date: Oct 09, 2005 @ 14:34
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Thanks for the tip.

I read somewhere during the past week that Ellicott's original mounds were 15
feet square, three feet high, and had a charred wooden post in the center.

There was also a 1980 reprint of Ellicott's journal by Arno Books.

Two libraries within easy driving distance of where I sit have Ellicott's
journal. Northwestern State University and Louisiana State University at
Alexandria have what is shown in their on-line catalogs as the 1803 edition,
while the former also has the 1962 Quadrangle Books reprint.

I will endeavor to visit one or the other this week and report back.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA