Subject: SV: SV: [BoundaryPoint] Re: re bggrtr
Date: Oct 06, 2005 @ 22:03
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

well maybe we are getting smarter slowly tho

for example
here the new monument is described as symbolic

so i have to wonder
couldnt that mean only symbolic & purely ceremonial
as opposed to technically & directly demarcative of the legal tripoint

also
it may be significant that the island named here is not kavak
but island a

also
we have not yet positively ascertained whether the funny new 3flags marker actually
replaces & stands in the exact location of the funny old 3flags marker you visited
& i think the surroundings visible in the new pix may be too vague to positively identify

or can you recognize something in them that i couldnt

&
we do believe
island a
is the name of the little islet just south of kavak
where the indirect grtr marker number 1 is supposed to be
a scant 60 meters from the treaty tripoint position
at midchannel mainstream

so maybe thats the neighborhood where the new marker was placed
rather than your familiar neighborhood

& i believe you also mentioned you explored all the way to the south shore of kavak island
so i am curious
were you able to see & identify anything from there that could have been island a

or what exactly did you see facing south from there

& i also have to keep wondering
what could have possessed greece to want to get involved at all here on this island
which is not only in the river but on the far side of the thalweg
since greece is everywhere else on the right side of the thalweg & the right bank only

& this would apparently make not only an undocumented exception but also the unique
exception to that general principle

i dont say it is impossible
nor that any of these data & or suppositions are necessarily correct
but i lean toward wanting to see the legal proof of this before necessarily believing in it

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> http://www.mathra.gr/article.php?id=1570:
>

> The minister Macedonia of - Thrace Mr Nikos Tsjartsjw'nis, Tuesday 19/7/05
> and hour 12 the midday, will represent the government, head of Greek
> delegation, in the ceremony of openings of symbolic monument, which is
> founded joint with Bulgaria and Turkey, in island "A of" river Ebros
> (Trjecne's).
>

> In the event they will attend: the Bulgarian delegation with head the
> aperho'meno minister of Abroads Mr Solamo'n Pa'sj and the Turkish delegation
> with head the minister of Finances Mr Kema'l Oynakjta'n. The monument is a
> "special landmark" with the form of frontier pyramid (of 2,5 metres) with
> engraving the numbers and the symbols of each state. In the locality it is
> forecasted is manufactured exa'pleyro pedestal, diagonal of 6 metres and of
> one metre, in which will be placed the pyramid in question so that it is
> protected from potential floods.
>

> Also, they will be placed plake'tes with the national flag of each country
> and sign in the language of corresponding country with the following text:
> "Solidarity to linked Europe". The members of three national delegations
> will be met in the Orme'njo, in the 11:30 morning and from there will return
> roadly in the space of openings.
>

> Immediately afterwards, the Bulgarian delegation will mention official
> dinner in the frontier city Svj'legkrant.
>

> --
>

> Smarter now? Not really.
>

> _____

t=ms&k=Boundary+scan&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Bound
> > &k=Boundary+scan&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Bound

ary+waters&w3=Boundary+waters&w4=Inca+trail&w5=Trail+of+painted+ponies&w6=Tr

> ail+of+the+painted+ponies&c=6&s=139&.sig=ES7SCZYfybjgVbELVF0wzw>
> > scan
> >
> > Boundary

t=ms&k=Boundary+waters&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Bou
> > &k=Boundary+waters&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Bou

ndary+waters&w3=Boundary+waters&w4=Inca+trail&w5=Trail+of+painted+ponies&w6=

> Trail+of+the+painted+ponies&c=6&s=139&.sig=ZDVTALxHJvCNWDO-K-wHsg>
> > waters
> >
> > Boundary

t=ms&k=Boundary+waters&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Bou
> > &k=Boundary+waters&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Bou

ndary+waters&w3=Boundary+waters&w4=Inca+trail&w5=Trail+of+painted+ponies&w6=

> Trail+of+the+painted+ponies&c=6&s=139&.sig=ZDVTALxHJvCNWDO-K-wHsg>
> > waters
> >

> > Inca

t=ms&k=Inca+trail&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Boundary
> > &k=Inca+trail&w1=Boundary+scan&w2=Boundary

+waters&w3=Boundary+waters&w4=Inca+trail&w5=Trail+of+painted+ponies&w6=Trail

> +of+the+painted+ponies&c=6&s=139&.sig=Ja7GBJpmGqN20M8LqLC_Vw>
> > trail
> >
> > Trail

t=ms&k=Trail+of+painted+ponies&w1=Boundary+sca
> > &k=Trail+of+painted+ponies&w1=Boundary+sca

n&w2=Boundary+waters&w3=Boundary+waters&w4=Inca+trail&w5=Trail+of+painted+p

> nies&w6=Trail+of+the+painted+ponies&c=6&s=139&.sig=xygW4O
-4_ydUK0wPnlcd9g>
> > of painted ponies
> >
> > Trail

t=ms&k=Trail+of+the+painted+ponies&w1=Boundary
> > &k=Trail+of+the+painted+ponies&w1=Boundary

+scan&w2=Boundary+waters&w3=Boundary+waters&w4=Inca+trail&w5=Trail+of+painte

d+ponies&w6=Trail+of+the+painted+ponies&c=6&s=139&.sig=0a4_UYFkc_ep3Ym7dW8
pZ