Subject: Re: surprise answer to nc3grwawi puzzle & the bigger mystery it poses
Date: Sep 25, 2005 @ 13:42
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

this only keeps getting more intriguing

for it appears
wayne county has no idea she has lost her northeast corner
if indeed she has lost it
as this official map shows
http://maps.waynegov.com/viewer.htm

if necessary click on reset map
& you can also click to recenter & find a parcel & zoom in if you like
& youll see
the whole original corner is still considered wayne county by wayne county

yet it appears
the state government has affirmed statutorially the changes shown on the plat
which is entitled
resurvey of the wayne wilson greene county lines north carolina

yet it appears
the wayne county government may never have authorized this resurvey
nor even acknowldeged the plat
let alone authorized or acknowledged any changes in her territory

yet it appears
or at least it was reported
that the plat has been just as duly filed in wayne county as in greene & wilson

to be sure
the only plat certification i am aware of is by greene
but thats because i got my copy from greene

the plat btw does say
this county boundary survey was performed at the request of wayne wilson &
greene counties as stated in resolutions signed by the boards of
commissioners
of

but it then proceeds to actually cite by date only the documents signed by
wilson & greene counties

i think i will call the surveyor first now tho
just to find out what he knows or believes
before i plow into the governments

but what fun
even if only tangentially tripointing

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@y...>