Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] cnmnruw at last class a
Date: Sep 21, 2005 @ 13:33
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

you are right to question this call
& maybe i should only have said
purportedly or ostensibly class a
rather than claiming it so flatly & absolutely as i
have
since there is after all no marker visible in the
handshake pic
but only a perceptible summit & a caption proclaiming
it to be the top
http://www.mongoliatrekking.com/mtimages/congratulations.jpg

however
because this is such a remote & historically elusive
location
& we have had no report or evidence that cnmnruw has
ever been marked by anything but the natural
mountaintop itself
& since most mountaineers do understand the idea of
absolutely tiptop
i figured these first known visitors could be trusted
to make the call

for the time being at least

but would agree a more punctilious visit is not yet
out of the question

so yes happily we may well still have somewhere to go
& grow here

& thanx for the observation
& the opportunity to add this favorite pic of mine as
encore & bonus
just to underscore your point
that we may still be only
on the way
http://www.fotograf-grundsten.se/schedule/mongoliet/1.html

also
what a thrill it was to learn this morning at
borderpoint
aka bp cubed
that our original bp border companion offshoot group
ibrg
aka bp squared
is indeed alive & well after having been feared
defunct for so long
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/15986

on the question of hans island tho
i do agree with jimmy
& solomon
that there is little chance of this baby soon or ever
getting cut in half

for the foreseeable future at least
in addition to the reason he gave there for continued
inaction
canada cant afford any loss of face in her wobbly
northern dimension
& denmark cant afford any loss of credibility as
guardian of greenland

which i suppose is why they got into this pickle in
the first place

but as you see
they can very well live happily ever after with the
present status quo

& there are many such territorial differences of
opinion like this thruout the world
that have never been & will never be in active dispute

as brownlie explains
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/11808
so no need to make them into anything they are not
however stimulating it may be to imagine

http://www.mongoliatrekking.com/tavanbogd_climbing_mongolia.html