Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] Re: [borderpoint] Various border documents for my 7 year honeymoon trip
Date: Sep 18, 2005 @ 14:15
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

dear jesper nice going

> This is very interesting. One of my colleagues one
> said joking that power
> lies with the ones with the biggest guns. Which in
> some respect is true.
> What makes a country and what makes a border.

exactly

what makes a country is an armed gang
& what makes a border or frontier is 2 armed gangs in
a standoff

by contrast
what makes a tripoint is a dynamic of harmonizing &
coming together
rather than the stasis of mutual pushing against

for our beloved tripoints arent so much the ends of
borders as they are the opposites of them

isnt that lovely

& a real roadmap for peace
i mean
what a freakin treasure map
if we ever figure out how to read & follow it

> De
> jure is not necessary when
> de facto is accepted.

indeed de jure is the acceptance of de facto
but it is still between armed gangs
consolidating their respective turfs

> There are (I assume) no
> international documents
> declaring that Cornwall is British and Funen is
> Danish.

my sense is that any & all such undocumented
consolidations simply predate the development of
modern literary diplomacy that appears to have begun
between these armed gangs some time in the early dark
ages

> Well, I could declare Cornwall for the “Republic of
> Cornwall”, but Britain
> with their biggest gun may not agree.

haha & i would be here with you eternally in the west
matey & mateys
vibrating out of range of guns
humpty on our wall of corn & creme de fool on hill
http://topozone.com/map.asp?lat=41.9&lon=-73.32167

> Anyway, for a borderfreak, visiting ESMO may be of
> mix feelings. The
> militarized setting is graceful to the camera, but
> having one foot in ES and
> one in MO may be an impossible task.

well atlantean or herculean to be sure
http://www.artehistoria.com/frames.htm?http://www.artehistoria.com/genios/cuadros/1884.htm

but we can do it

indeed you may recall grant & i have already begun
digging the moat for this at the penon de velez de la
gomera esmo site
which
rather than separating es&mo further
actually promises to narrow their difference
de facto

you know
islands will be islands
so who needs no mans land when you have no mans water

& in seeking the precise wet&dry boundary point
between peninsular & insular realities
we may hope to catch the moment point when oppositions
dissolve into valued distinctions

http://mail.yahoo.com