Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] RE: [borderpoint] Re: Spanish provincial tripoint marker... or not
Date: Sep 13, 2005 @ 12:45
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- Hugh Wallis <hugh@...> wrote:

> I think you just said the same as what I said when I
> said "When I reached
> the appropriate spot on the road I searched around
> for any kind of marker
> some distance either side of the road but was unable
> to locate one. What I
> did locate was all on the road itself. From these
> conflicting pieces of
> evidence it is is not possible, therefore, to
> determine accurately exactly
> where the tripoint is located."

whoops
misunderstanding in process
for i didnt mean some distance in either direction
generally
but rather
specifically
in accordance with this best available map
http://www.larioja.org/sig/imagenes/5000/25tp2927.gif
unless i am misreading it or misinterpreting some of
the other data
between 110 & 137 meters up the bank & thru those
lovely woods
on a bearing somewhere between n13w & n39w from the
roadstone

or
averaging these ranges for starters & ease &
simplicity
make that about 124 meters bearing about n26w from the
roadstone
& only then fanning out & beating the bushes if
necessary for 15 or 20 meters in all directions

alternatively
get a gps fix on the target point directly from this
map if possible
but i think you might still have to beat the bushes in
that case too
so there might not be any advantage to doing it that
way

nor do i think it would just be a matter of luck but
of technique first & perhaps then luck too

but in any case you fully deserve our highest congrats
& thanx for having made this try at es2arcllo &
posting this beautiful report
which was the first known one of its kind in & indeed
from spain
as well as for your evidently luckier hit at es2arcala
just down the road
also the first of its kind

http://www.albaiges.com/historia/historiatresreyes.htm
> > > so I don't quite
> > > understand the comment about the "third" (unless
> > you
> > > are referring to the
> > > second one on my web page - but that is at a
> > > different tripoint).
> > >
> > > I searched around on both sides of the road for
> > > other ones but found
> > > nothing. The railway is abandoned by the way.
> > >
> > > I am in Madrid now so no chance of getting back
> > > there (its about 300km away)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Hugh
> > >

> > > _____