Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] RE: [borderpoint] Re: Spanish provincial tripoint marker... or not
Date: Sep 12, 2005 @ 19:46
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

bravissimos & vivas from me too hugh

& i agree you must have arcala the second one right
& that jimmy is confused
but i also agree with him about arcllo the first one
because
the fact that the railway is abandoned doesnt at all
necessarily mean that the legal position of the
tripoint adjacent to the railway & shown on the best
available & current official maps has also been
abandoned with it

http://www.albaiges.com/historia/historiatresreyes.htm

http://www.larioja.org/sig/imagenes/5000/25tp2927.gif
> > ) the "mojón de
> > > los tres reyes" is not at this roadside, but at
> > the other side of the
> > > railway, to the northwest of the location at the
> > road.
> > >
> > > Maybe there are two markers: the "correct" one,
> > and the one on the
> > > roadside. The one in the pictures very much
> > resembles other such
> > > roadside markers in Spain, which I suspect mark
> > the border of the
> > > provincial road network authorities more
> > accurately than that they
> > > mark the provincial territories themselves.
> > >
> > > Does somebody have any thoughts on this?
> > >
> > > Peter
> >
> > Hi! Jimmy Van Dura, class of '75, at your service,
> > having just joined both
> > your fascinating
> > point lists. And I was a little confused how this
> > subject qualified as an
> > international
> > boundary topic rather than a tripoint topic. But I
> > think you got it exactly
> > right in the end,
> > Peter, and that the pictures are not really "of
> the
> > tripoint," as they were
> > said to be.
> > It is amazing how much false information
> there
> > is on the web, but also
> > how misleading
> > the written word can be -- wherever it is found.
> For
> > example, seeing
> > Zaragoza written on
> > the sunny side on this triangular "Welcome To ..."
> > or "Entering ..." sign, a
> > reader might
> > expect to find more than just the scant hectare of
> > Zaragoza that remains
> > between the
> > roadway and the real mojon some few meters to its
> > north! For in fact the
> > vast majority of
> > Zaragoza lies exactly in the opposite direction!
> > But is there someone in the neighborhood who
> > might be able to check and
> > follow your
> > detailed map to perhaps find the real border
> marker
> > sitting on the true
> > tripoint? ...or the
> > true tripoint sitting on the real border marker?
> >
> > Best,
> > Jim
> >

> > _____
> >
> > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS