Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Questions Re: first known legal entry into usa at a tripoint ..., etc.
Date: Aug 30, 2005 @ 18:12
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...> wrote:

> The tripoint perspective of the human cannonball
> story relates (vaguely) to the
> fact that the several states of the Mexican union
> stop somewhere around or
> slightly above the high-water mark on the coasts.

thanx for answering this so well in general
tho it is not at all vaguely but precisely 20 meters
above the visible high tide line where the nominally
coastal mexican states end

nor are the beaches merely theoretically but actually
federal territory
no less than any other federal maritime zones or
federal capital districts etc anywhere

consider for example this quick explanation
http://www.bajaexpo.com/beachaccess.htm
but particularly article 27 of the mexican
constitution
& the voluminous 1991 legislation specifically
authorizing this littoral extension of the federal
maritime zone

in the united states the federal maritime zone doesnt
kick in til 3 nautical miles or more offshore
while in canada it reaches all the way inshore to the
low tide line
but in mexico it comes in & rises with the tide as
well
so to say
& then extends an additional 20 horizontal meters
inland

but all 3 types are equally federal zones

more below

> Thus, wave-swept Mexican
> beaches theoretically are under jurisdiction that is
> exclusively federal. This
> creates a tripoint (of sorts) between the USA, the
> Estado de Baja California,
> and Mexican federal territory near the trajectory of
> the human cannonballer.

some common names for these
sorts
of tripoint
are federal or federative & or split level tripoints

internal american examples include the 2 well known
district of columbia tristate points formed with
maryland & virginia
namely dcmdvan & dcmdvas
& our 20 somewhat less famous but entirely similar
federal waters tripoints
namely alflus et al

the folks who dont consider these sorts truly & fully
tristate points simply choose to ignore the fact that
the united states is a state too

as are canada & mexico

> The relative significance of such a tripoint in the
> grand scheme of things might
> be subject to question, but some BoundaryPoint
> members have never met a tripoint
> that they didn't love.

question & love yes

but mxus2bccamx is impartially the fully illustrious
mexican american international tripoint of the states
of baja california & regular or alta california with
the nation state of mexico
& there is every reason to hope that this man was
flying directly over it

& noticing such rare things as this is a big part of
the stated purpose of our group
& of what makes it so much fun imo

> The main functional difference between the
> BoundaryPoint and BorderPoint groups
> is the atmosphere that sometimes prevails in each.

hahaha
whattt

more punctilious here
more relaxed there

perhaps

> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

& a hearty welcome to you jimmy

the vertical extension aspect is purely extraneous &
gratuitous in relation to the multipointing generally
except in a rare case such as this
where the man really does appear to be flying directly
over the tripoint
as well as anyone can tell

end inserts