Subject: Re: Where is this German exclave in Belgium?
Date: Aug 30, 2005 @ 01:48
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

This goes back to the discussions we had earlier this year about
sovereignty always or not always being vertical, extending to the
heavens and to the center of the earth. See the photo library and
past messages - there is a diagram there getting to the heart of what
is included in the "track bed". This concept of interrupted
verticality of borders existed at Steinstuecken (where there was a W
German bridge over E German RR tracks inside the W Berlin exclave),
still exists on the bridges over the US-Mexico border, and on the
bridge crossing the D-Luxembourg condominium.
LN

.