Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] answer to extra credit question
Date: Jul 29, 2005 @ 17:52
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <knm@...>)

>the probability of some legal fork in the road coming between bvi & anguilla
>seemed & seems greater than between usvi & pr

The treaty with the US may only have been signed in 1993, but
presumably the terms were negotiated for some time before that. The
concept of EEZs was only formalised in 1982, but I don't think the
Anguillan constitutional status was finally resolved until after that
(after the divorce from St Kitts and Nevis).

The BVI is probably the more likely candidate for independence (or
maybe even union with the USVI) these days, but it doesn't really
seem to be an issue at the moment.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell