Subject: correction in view of inukshuk as territorial marker
Date: Jul 27, 2005 @ 15:55
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

& the official erection of the inukshuk monument on hans island may be the most
significant news of the entire episode
since it qualifies the place as inuit
or even possibly as everyonese
i realize now
http://www.sulis.net/inukshuk.htm
& it gives canada & denmark a gracious way out of their silly dance routine besides

http://images.google.com/images?
q=inukshuk&hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&tab=ni&ie=ISO-8859-1&sa=N

so call this baby not really a cadk informal time share party condo any more
but more like a full blown inuit country
already de facto
if not yet altogether de jure
but only because not everyone writes with rocks yet

all she really needs now is a seat at the united nations

& our unique pair of erstwhile cacadkdk party share tripoints become her tricountry points

til her territorial sea & eez are realized
yikes

ultimately her only tripoints are a pair of eez equidistance tripoints with ca&dk
far out into the nares strait

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> probably erroneous but unqualified & uncorrected
> reports recently posted to the normally reliable int
> boundaries list & borderpoint
> are now being reiterated routinely by major media
>
> the 3rd paragraph from the end here
> http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/politics/news/shownews.jsp?content=n072643A
> repeats the apparent misinformation about hans island
> having cadk littermates
> that was apparently first published in the 4th
> paragraph from the end here
> http://north.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=hans_island25072005
> & reported on those lists
>
> the facts however apparently remain