Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Tripointers Ahoi! - US-Venezuela-NethAnt border
Date: Jul 22, 2005 @ 18:44
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...> wrote:

> I came across an analysis of this maritime border
> treaty of Mar 28,
> 1978. It says the US-Venezuela border starts at the
> tripoint between
> the US, Venezuela and Neth. Ant, "approx 67 miles"
> equidistant from
> each territory, but won't be fixed until there is a
> boundary agreement
> with "a third party" (obviously Netherlands). It
> says that under no
> circumstance, will the tripoint be any further west
> than
> 15.14.28 N
> 68.51.44

ahoi & thanx
very nice

evidently from
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/LS091.pdf
which conveys more or less the same impression

indeed the first step of a tripoint ballet

& not only does there appear to be no third party on
stage yet
but the wording also seems to indicate there was no
nlus or nlve boundary convergent at the time either

& indeed 3 days later in
http://www.un.org/Depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/
PDFFILES/TREATIES/VEN-NLD1978BD.PDF
the nlve convergent was also delineated as
an arc of maximum circumference from a specified
penultimate point
to precisely the point you have stated
& the agreement adds on page 2 under sector c
or that point on said maximum circumference that
represents the boundary with third nations

so there you have a very distinct second movement
in what had by then already become a pas de trois
& we are apparently just waiting for nlus to arrive
as you say
obviously

until we check the equidistance diagram
http://www.veridian.com/offerings/images/maritime_large.jpg
which indicates not nlus but dove must be the 3rd
convergent

& indeed on 3 march 1979 came a dominican venezuelan
agreement
http://www.un.org/Depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/PDFFILES/TREATIES/VEN-DOM1979SA.PDF
which also mentions your exact point as the tripoint

yikes
& so does that mean you have discovered a new
quadripoint

but no
not likely

for the legal multipoint you have actually found there
is apparently not necessarily nlusve at all
but only donlve

thus far anyway

& probably no chance of donlusve ever

the difficulty is that dous & donl too have no
agreements but are still only hypothetical
& your usve does definitely overlap dove

in fact all of dove literally overflies usve

isnt that lovely

for note how they both proceed eastward from your
precise point
to the same precise next point 15d12m51s x 68d28m56s
which the dominican republic would like to think is
dousve

fantastic

& so there most probably will never be any nlusve in
this dance
since
owing to the constraints of equidistance
there will probably never be any more nlus than that
lovely reach between saba & st croix you have just
correctly implied at gbnlus
in your other equally beautiful & appreciated offering
du jour

& for extra credit
since the south tripoint there on gbus in the virgins
is indeed gbnlus
as you say
then what is the matching tripoint at the other end of
that cute little stitch

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs