Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Rockall first day covers now on sale
Date: Jul 12, 2005 @ 15:45
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

Sorry for breaking into your monopoly for nonsense.

BoundaryPoint is an ... open discussion list for ... "slightly strange" individuals who are interested in finding, researching, photographing and discussing geopolitical boundary points ... especially those of a ... multipoint nature. BP members discuss their "mini-expeditions" to unique points on the earth, ... including ... multipointing, ... as well as the societal differences resulting from the presence of political and linguistic boundaries. Whether you're ... merely crossing state lines, we hope ...

Of course, Rockall is an issue of multipoint nature. Not only do claims of various countries overlap here (just to mention the UK, Denmark, Iceland and Ireland), they do this also on a variety of legal grounds. On the other hand, Rockall is not inhabited and cannot permanently be inhabited, hence is no-man's land. Rising from the ocean as a solitary rock, no other island around for 200 miles, it represents the hub of the world. All latitudes and longitudes converge in its summit, bend towards the sky and form a single autobahn for multi-linguistic communication with heaven. Being on Rockall means not merely crossing state lines - as one would do in the U.S. - but rather crossing mental boundaries and being emotionally lifted into orbit.

I don't go on further. Those who have not grasped yet the unique multipoint issue I am discussing here cannot be helped.

Wolfgang