Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] Re: SV: ITFRS
Date: Jul 08, 2005 @ 01:03
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@yahoo.com>)

<http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.784412,7.530066&spn=0.007604,0.009917&t=k
> &hl=en> &spn=0.007604,0.009917&t=k&hl=en), and so
> the last one could be the
> one.

it is the most hopeful try because it does at least
show a seaside area up close
but the border marker on the corniche set at right
angles to the coast indicates that the tall boxy
building atop the cliff behind the douaniers on the
beach is just barely inside italy
& thus strongly suggests this beach is several km deep
into france

for otherwise the border would have to angle very
sharply westward from the marker in its descent to the
coast
which i dont believe it actually does

but maybe you can flash your map to help me see what
you mean

> But I think it also shows how hard it can be to
> determine a point at the end
> of land borders. I have never seen a marker right at
> the edge of the water
> and so an area is what we have deal with, until
> further evidence.

understood
markers are rarely found on beaches
but that doesnt mean beach points are impossible to
find

i am reminded of this particularly tricky & gratifying
try at canfqcs
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/10251
referring not just to a border base but to a true
amphibious tripoint which moreover only shows up dry
at the moment of low tide
& i would say fully warrants all the code it can get
ca2canfqcs
where the rock just behind me in the attached pic is
effectively the marker because it forms the outer
extremity of the bay of blanc sablon

> I think you have having a go at me in an earlier
> thread about me liking
> areas and not points. Well, as you can see
> determining a point is not easy.
> As a pointer you like the point, as a border freak
> there is more to it.
> CSHURO is a very nice example to like the triarea as
> much as the actual
> tripoints: warning signs, closed roads, border
> gates, watch towers, border
> markers, border strips and so on.

i hear you loud & clear matey
for now you are talking about what you definitely do
like
& who can take issue with that
even tho it may be beside our original point

indeed may you be an inspiration & a role model to all
in this regard

http://www.liguriacards.com/frontiera/altre3/altre3.html