Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Indian enclave satellite images
Date: Jun 25, 2005 @ 20:08
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Mike wrote:

> hey wait
> how about us folk from nonbackward american rural
> areas
>
> dont you wonder if we wonder
>
> on cream hill
> we have cows but cable & satellite too
> & are at least 14 miles from even the most minor
> market towns

The population density in rural Connecticut is considerably higher than in rural
Louisiana. In fact, the 2000 population density of your county was 198 people
per square mile. In my parish, it was 39. The largest "minor market town"
within 14 miles of you is Torrington, population 35,202. Leesville, seven miles
from me, has a population of 6,753. I'd have to go 60 miles to find a city to
match Torrington. If Torrington were a Louisiana municipality, it would be the
tenth largest in the state. If Litchfield County were a Louisiana parish, it
would be the eighth most densely populated out of 64. That makes y'all
practically "city folk" by Louisiana standards--even if you do have cattle. :-)

If that makes this "backward rural America," so be it.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA