Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] baarle monumentation
Date: Mar 15, 2001 @ 22:58
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

>but still
>since you also seem to be indicating that there are no intervisible
>monuments available for chalk stringing or cross eyeballing the point
>i would like to lay a very expensive gps receiver on that stake
>& compare its experimentally determined position to your legally fixed
>coords
>down to what was it hundredths or thousandths of a second
>which frankly i missed the last time you gave them
>because i didnt think they would be as necessary as i now realize they are
>so perhaps you or someone can come up with them again

I have the coordinates in the Dutch and Belgian national grids to the
nearest cm. The Dutch cadaster admits that the on the ground accuracy is
probably to the nearest 5 cm or so.
I do not have a lat/long. You would need to obtain a conversion in that
regard fomr either of the national survey or mapping authorities
topografische dienst in Emmen, Holland
Institut Geograhique National in Brussels
or either country's Kadaster

Otherwise unless your GPS can handle international coords, you are restcited
to approximating the lat/long from a 1:10 000 map fomr either country,
which will not give you such decent accuracy, probably in the vicinity ot
10m (1mm on the map).

Remember that there is not survey point on the ground, but with surveying
equipment you might be able to recreate the pint to the nearest cm by
calculations fomr the nearest survey point. But again, these are in the
naitonal grids, not lat/long.
If the trip is in Sept, there migght be corn in all the field too...

not to darken your day, but the national coords are in the egroup archie in
an earlier post, and I don't havethe lat/long.
Sorry.