Subject: still grasping for eelvru Re: Russia-Estonia border treaty
Date: May 23, 2005 @ 17:58
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

there is reportedly a 1997 eelvru tripoint agreement
http://www.boundaries.com/ibm_idx.htm

& the apparently authoritative location of this tripoint in 2003
is seemingly divulged with near precision here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/10361
presumably pursuant to that agreement
which however was said to remain unratified at the time

later in 2003
at the time of the only known visit
the location was apparently still considered secret
but was reportedly known to & revealed by latvian soldiers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/14497
presumably in conformity with the above estonian description
tho i dont believe this detail was ever clarified
& photos were reportedly forbidden

so we were only able to guess & imagine at that time
just as we still are now

but in view of the apparent intention of article 6 here below now
& also in view of the reported nonnavigability of the pedetsi in the triarea
i would like to modify very slightly the guess i made in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/11071
from the thalweg to the median line
where i now think jan & jesper & others already had it correctly pegged
for example in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/11105

& of course
even if we do have all this perfectly correct now
it still refers only to a future probability of eelvru
since technically
until everything is ratified
i suppose the existing eelvru is still down there at the next stream confluence
2 meters below marker 47
which i believe was also visited without possibility of photography at the time