Subject: multibanger prospects soar further Re: Old Insular Affairs verbiage unearthed!
Date: May 01, 2005 @ 02:25
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>
wrote:
> Mike D. wrote:
>
> > i also noticed that the word
> > none
> > which appears under
> > remaining united states claims
> > is not in the original font
> > suggesting someone may have quietly monkeyed with this text after the fact
>
> While browsing my hard drive today, I found that on April 20, 1998, I saved
> quite a lot of text from the Insular Affairs web site as it then existed! The
> site was structured differently back then, but I can give you the language that
> formerly appeared where the monkeying bureaucrat subsequently inserted the word
> "None." This is also where the dysfunctional "U.S." link should point (and
> undoubtedly once did).
>
> Here it is:
> _______
>
> OTHER ISLANDS STILL UNDER DISPUTED
> UNITED STATES' SOVEREIGNTY
>
> The United States' claim to Serranilla Bank:
>
> About two hundred ten miles north north-east of Nicaragua lies the Serranilla
> Bank. Some consider that the United States acquired the bank under the Guano
> Islands Act of August 18, 1856 (Title 48, U.S. Code, sections 1411-19). Several
> very small cays emerge above the water to form the bank's islands.
> Colombia has not directly claimed Serranilla Bank but is on record as
> considering the bank a part of the Providence Archipelago in the intendancy of
> San Andres y Providencia. Honduras may have asserted its own claim over
> Serranilla as well.
>
> The United States' claim to Bajo Nuevo Bank:
>
> Called also the Petrel Islands, Bajo Nuevo Bank is situated in the Caribbean.
> U.S. claims to this bank derive from the Guano Islands Act too. Bajo Nuevo is
> claimed by Jamaica.
> _______
>
> I don't think this tells us anything new, but it fills in the blanks.

huh
i dont think so in either case
but what would the difference be

but anyway
do you still have your original letter to the oia from a couple of weeks ago
for that would really tell me something new as well as fill in the needed blanks
as i imagine i would just redirect it to the white house at this point
essentially unchanged
or else covered by a brief explanatory note if necessary

btw
whats new for us today
or at least for all of us but you
is that this still currently maintained official oia page
http://www.doi.gov/oia/Islandpages/acquisition_process.htm
which i only just found & flashed for the first time earlier today
but which evidently disabused you of your mistakes in message 17386 almost as soon as
you made them
does clearly connect the present administration to any changes that may have been made
in these specific island groups
by positively placing them not in the 1970s or 80s or even 90s
but
in 2003 or later

& also new is the realization that whatever changes may have been made by this
administration werent made with sufficient attention to all the necessary details
because there is still at least this little bit of egg left on their face by this web page