Subject: Re: British External Territories and French ones!
Date: Apr 20, 2005 @ 06:14
Author: Henry Hirose ("Henry Hirose" <silentcity@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Romain HODAPP"
<romain_hodapp@y...> wrote:
> I'm supposing you are right. I wrote it to see reactions on the group.
>
> May be more on this link :
> http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/tourism/museums2.html
>
> I don't understand the exact sens of the sentences. May be you will
understand better than me.

I visited both places, Longwood and Napoleon's first tomb, and got
brief local explanations. I think they were simply French owned
property and not territorial enclaves with full sovereignty.

I also read the book "The Black Room at Longwood: Napoleon's Exile on
Saint Helena" by Jean-Paul Kauffmann. Kauffmann was there but this was
more a travelogue and I don't think he dealt with the issue in detail.
There is a French consul on St. Helena the book said.

HH