Subject: Re: British External Terrritories and French ones!
Date: Apr 14, 2005 @ 14:09
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "fabio" <fabiov@f...> wrote:
> Thanks everyody for the detailed and useful information on U.S. External
> Territories.

you are welcome fabio

most of our apparent erudition comes rather cheaply tho
since many standard reference sources answer all such questions
in the conventional or jurisdictional sense anyway
for any country you may ask

the cia world factbook is good for starters
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook

& equipped with such power
you see how many unasked questions people are eager to also answer

> It would be nice to discover if and which are the DISPUTED islands between
> U.S. and the other Countries.

as mentioned
machias seal island

& a nearby companion rock

plus navassa & wake

> The same analysys could be done on British External Territories.
> BTW there is a nice website on this topic:
> http://www.eurolegal.org/botresources.shtml
>
> And what about the French External territories? there is a complete list?

of course
but why not factbook or google it & enjoy the feeling of instant erudition for yourself

all such answers are easy enough to find

a more challenging & original search
as distinct from ordinary old hat research
might begin from such conventional data
& then proceed to seek out all the separate territorial areas that obtain from it

this has been done here well enough at the eez level for the entire world
but never completely at the sovereign territorial level
which is of course more difficult because the territorial areas involved are smaller

so happily we still have somewhere new to go here
that involves discriminating precision pursuit
as distinct from just looking things up