Subject: Re: U.S. External Territories list
Date: Apr 11, 2005 @ 19:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

this of course is the conventional list found in standard reference sources

but in reality the list of actually external sovereign territories of the usa is much longer

& i mean not even counting any of the silly military or diplomatic or ceremonial or other
miscellaneous parcels of nonsovereign or semisovereign real estate properties &or
leaseholds that people are so fond of discovering & reporting & discussing as if they really
counted

for tho it could stand some minor updating & corrections
http://egroups.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/2240
ultimately identifies as many as 52 noncontiguous territories of the usa
all presumably still extant & distinct sovereign spaces
unless i am mistaken

& while several of these disjunct spaces are legal parts of the 50 united states per se
& thus might not be considered external despite their territorial disconnection
nevertheless roughly 3 dozens of these territories are still fully external to the usa as such

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>