Subject: Re: american acre in runnymeade uk
Date: Apr 01, 2005 @ 02:21
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

There's a big difference between "ceded" and only "deeded". The USA
owns a lot of property around the world over which it isn't the sovereign.

I recall the case of the embassy grounds in Prague - the U.S. owns the
property unlike the cases of most other US embassy grounds. It was, if
I recall right, the fact that the U.S. held real property deed / title
(that a private party gave the US as a gift before the communist
regime came into power) that the old Czech government couldn't
nationalize it - the grounds remained the only "private" property in
Czechoslovakia during the "red" period.

The US never claimed the grounds as a piece of US territory in
Czechoslovakia. (It was only a place where Czech law didn't apply
because it was an embassy - EXTRA-territorial from the Czech side, but
not annexed to be part of the US).

LN

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "raedwulf16" <raedwulf16@y...>