Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Ghost tp
Date: Mar 17, 2005 @ 14:31
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

understood
& i meant it as a supreme compliment

& spent most of yesterday searching for the incredibly
elusive detail map that would confirm our guess
scouring google & arifs magnificent collection of
zoomables
http://members.aol.com/marismits/EurLinks.htm
without finding a one
since for some reason german tertiary boundaries are
neglected by them all
or else were missed by me

& i can scarcely comprehend or believe this
having used the blissfully easy topozone etc all these
years for finding the american equivalents

but can you or anyone explain this apparent data gap
&or succeed in this try to fill it in

--- Anton Zeilinger <anton_zeilinger@...>

http://www.allgaeu-ausfluege.de/alpindreilaendereck.htm

> > > If yes, it says on the wooden sign:
> > >
> > > "Tripoint (or literally "Tri-country-corner")
> > > Abbey of Augsburg
> > > Principality of Bavaria
> > > County of Tyrol
> > > around 1800"
> > >

> > > Close by, apparently, is a BBQ spot, which the
> author of the
> > site
> > > calls "Dreil�ndergrill" or Tri-country-BBQ...
> > >
> > > He continues: "At a short distance from the
> Tri-country-BBQ is
> > the
> > > historic boundary marker."
> > >
> > > So I would guess that nowadays it marks a spot
> on the ATDE
> > border
> > > where (possibly) an internal Bavarian district
> boundary
> > (probably
> > > between 'Oberbayern' and 'Schwaben') terminates.
> > >
> > > Cheerio,
> > > Anton
> > >

> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com,

> posted? I think