Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: river condo authority joins denj follies
Date: Mar 16, 2005 @ 20:34
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

I believe this is correct.

What was the Duke of York's purpose, when conveying the Three Lower Counties
(Delaware) to Penn, in insisting that Penn's Pennsylvania not come within a
12-mile radius of New Castle? I never quite understood the purpose since
Penn was to exercise authority over both. Were the inhabitants of what was
to become Delaware dela-wary (haha) of being ruled by Quakers?