Subject: Re: inside or outside?
Date: Mar 16, 2005 @ 14:53
Author: Anton Zeilinger ("Anton Zeilinger" <anton_zeilinger@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "glenbowman2" <glenbowman2@y...>
wrote:

> In my humble opinion, all occupants in the "official" vehicle are on
> Vatican soil, regardless of where the vehicle is physically located.

That may be the practical result, but it is not correct from a legal
point of view. A vehicle is never per se sovereign soil of any state;
if it is used by a head of state or a diplomat enjoying immunity, it
may be exempt from the jurisdiction of the state it is situated in,
but it is not outside this state. So the car and its occupants clearly
were in Italy...