Subject: Re: TX proposes "free-for-all brawl" with NM over land
Date: Mar 14, 2005 @ 03:40
Author: Roger_Rowlett ("Roger_Rowlett" <roger.rowlett@...>)

I have an article with several links on my americasroof blog on this:
http://americasroof.com/wp/archives/2005/03/13/new-mexico-sues-texas/

The upshot is that New Mexico's own fiscal analysis of this bill to
claim land 3 miles east of the current border to the 103rd meridian
would probably be considered frivolous since the Courts have ruled
that if a state border goes unchallenged for "a long course of years"
then it becomes the defacto border. Texas permitted New Mexico to
enter the Union in 1912 on condition of dropping the claim.
Ironically though the Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas tripoint jogs in to
the meridian.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"