Subject: Re: In The Field
Date: Feb 27, 2005 @ 21:44
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "nj55er"

<aletheiak@y...>
> wrote:
> >
> > nice going mike
> > very fresh report & good to hear from you
> > our first nj tricounty point too
> >
> > er
> > is that 1 down & 21 to go
>
> ****** Actually, have done two other south Jersey tri-county
points
> in recent weeks, but both are at road junctions with no
markings other
> than municipality "welcome to..." signs and pavement
changes. At some
> point, I'll report those and other trivial points just for the record.
>
> Mike ************

thanx
wonderful
& you must know the word trivial just means 3way
so it simply couldnt be more expressive of what we do here at bp
& so for that reason & also as a natural born nova cesarian i will
very much look forward to all your further reports of these
& am exceedingly pleased that you my namesake &
doppelganger are indeed the reigning multipointing king of the
place

btw i do still get a preliminary count of 22
of which the great majority look far wetter than abc
on my admittedly not well informed assessment
but my guess is that with these 3 already reported you may
already own the better part of dry new jersey tricountypointdom

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.7297&lon=-74.7367&
> > size=m
> > >
> > > The problem with visiting ABC is the swampy terrain. I had
> > unsuccessfully
> > > attempted it directly from US 206 at the Atlantic-Burlington
line
> > a couple of
> > > years ago, but without wading boots, that approach is a
> > nightmare. This time I
> > > parked off US 206 about 0.6 miles north of the AB line,
where a
> > long-abandoned
> > > railroad track crosses the highway. Hike the dirt road
> > southwest along the
> > > overgrown track to a large clearing on the left (south) side.
> > GPS places this
> > > clearing about 300 feet before the unmarked BC line. You
are
> > now prety much
> > > due north of the trifinium. Use the clearing to gain some
> > distance, then
> > > either follow your GPS or compass toward the trifinium. I
had
> > to cross three
> > > brooks along the way, but kept my feet fairly dry by stepping
on
> > clumps of
> > > vegetation to get across. The rest of the area was very
> > overgrown, but passable and
> > > fairly dry. When GPS put me about 90 feet from the marker,
> > noticed a fairly
> > > substantial clearing, and at the edge of same there was
the
> > marker. It is a
> > > brass disk, set in a six inch diameter, circular concrete
base
> > about six inches
> > > high. The disk is labeled "county line" and shows the three
> > county lines
> > > with the county names in the appropriate places. It's dated
> > 1937, with spaces
> > > for elevation and marker number that are blank. I did not
see a
> > speck of
> > > litter, and would have to think this marker gets very little
> > visitation.
> > >
> > > Finding this marker with only a compass and no GPS
would be