Subject: Re: eupen and malmedy
Date: Feb 24, 2005 @ 16:30
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

well you know it is widespread if not general opinion everywhere
to not think much of foreign elements

call it racism or barbarophobia or merely ethnocentrism or just
local cohesiveness or whatever
but clearly all our countries are riddled with it

& that is why i think our everyones land
in being an affirmation of all elements everywhere
even those who dont have a country or even a body yet
is the next small step for the human race

but yikes thats human racism
hahaha
or lets just call it
racism with a human face

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, jesniel@i... wrote:
> The winners of WW1 wanted to make DE weak so they would
not make war again.
> Taking land from DE was also a way to punnish DE for the war.
>
> In the case of DE-DK the peace conference thought DK was
too modest. DK
> was just being realistic, not wanting foreign elements inside
her borders.

> I have a BE friend who does not think much of the Germans in
Eupen - but
> I am not sure if he represents the general BE opinion.
>
> Jesper

across? The
> TREATY OF VERSAILLES encouraged people to choose the
country to which
> they wished to be attached eg Nor
> >hern Schleswig went to Denmark,
> Southern Schleswig stayed in Germany. Can anyone answer
this .