Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ha alaska claiming 150mile proruption of 3nm state waters
Date: Feb 23, 2005 @ 17:42
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

oops i had no idea you were still so very backward
thinking myself our technological derriere til now
but will consider you & therefore us all in this light
in future

& i dont believe there is much specifically about anwr
here by name
if thats what you mean
tho the 1997 anwr case is cited

the present case is alaska suing the usa over just
these same 3nm coastal margin rights & others within &
abutting glacier bay national monument & tongass
national forest among other places

& alaska appears to be losing as we speak

which may partly explain the governors grandstanding
proclamation of the 3nm limits abutting anwr at this
time

especially since nobody has dared to buy any oil
leases there yet

interestingly also
the master notes that alaska has a longer shoreline
including the shoreline of islands
than the entire rest of the united states

& he goes on to speculate
perhaps for this reason alaska has become involved in
more disputes over submerged lands than other states

which may also help explain the govs feistiness

but alaskans are pretty feisty anyway

which may also help explain the masters reserve

http://conlaw.usatoday.findlaw.com/supreme_court/briefs/orig_1