Subject: Re: one final mystery among the delaware arcs
Date: Feb 16, 2005 @ 02:42
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

er
sheepishly
something must be not quite right here
hahahaha
for i am getting equally bizarre readings on several different great
circle distance calculators
after several careful tries & retries
indeed something on the order of a 23 mile arc radius
yikes
absurd
where i was of course expecting 12 to 13 miles
since thats what perry gives & thats how it measures on the
paper topos too

& i was so confident i could almost taste success
oops
but now cant even figure out why it has so weirdly eluded me

not a clue

quite baffling

feels like i just got supersized into an alternate universe
with no way of getting back to normal

so if anyone can help
please dive in & shrink me back down by all means

for i seemed so close to proving something one way or the other
hahaha
but now i must leap this unexpected & totally irrational great
circle distance computation inflation hurdle

& the override is consistently around 78 percent
hahahahaha
but why

yikes

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"