Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] maps.google.com
Date: Feb 11, 2005 @ 03:00
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

It's a pretty amazing interface. And they cover Canada too... except
highway numbers are shown as being U.S. Interstates.

CAUS is somewhat accurate -- in British Columbia, anyway. However it
shows a number of non-existent crossings in Point Roberts.

No coverage of Mexico, either.

But it is still pretty amazing, nonetheless!

Doug

On Thursday, February 10, 2005, at 06:36 PM, Roger_Rowlett wrote:

> If you want to take a look at the next great thing take a look at:
> http://maps.google.com
>
> It currently only works for the Lower 48 of the U.S. but Google is
> promising to eventually roll it out for the world.  It has the
> niceties we expect from Google (no ads and simple interface) and
> three killer features: astonishingly fast and the ability to drag
> the map around with your mouse (a dhtml trick), and the maps are
> huge -- no more postage stamp strain!
>
> Some nits this group will no doubt find annoying is that it doesn't
> place a pinpoint on longitude/latitude locations such as mapquest or
> even yahoo maps (although when you bookmark a location it is
> longitude/latitude based).  Addresses have push pins though.  You
> can search for locations using "latitude, longitude" decimal pairs
> (although this is not currently documented).  Google has promised to
> address the pinpoint issue.

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>