Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] afcnpk pic fallout was Re: Anglo-Scottish Border Images
Date: Feb 03, 2005 @ 08:16
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

You all seem to fall victim of the Western belief that a boundary is always a defined legal confine. In the East, as well as in the Soviet-influenced zones, boundary points are more like monuments to commemorate the strength and vigour of a country or a political system. It was the same in the old Roman empire: Neither the Limes nor Hadrian's wall were boundaries in our modern sense.

Wolfgang