Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] afcnpk pic fallout was Re: Anglo-Scottish Border Images
Date: Feb 02, 2005 @ 21:41
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@image.dk>)

Attchment: Kilik pass with AFCNPK

Jesper
----- Original Message -----
From: aletheiak
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 5:41 PM

ok i believe i may have resolved this question about the
purported afcnpk pic as follows

since we know afcnpk is a mountain peak tripoint
from both the topo & page 3 of
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/LimitsinSeas/IBS089.pdf
& pages 2ff of
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/LimitsinSeas/IBS085.pdf
the pictured location in a mountain pass could not be afcnpk

& tho there is no known pass anywhere by the name of kilit
there does happen to be a kilik pass
only a short distance east of afcnpk
on cnpk
or rather actually pakistani controlled kashmir

so i think that is what you most probably have here dom

marker 2 of a fascinating & previously unreported 1984 cnpk
demarcation

moreover your remarkable discovery suggests afcnpk may be
marked by a similar rock
hypothetically marker 1 of the same series
& that the numbered sequence may proceed eastward from
afcnpk thru kilik pass toward some unknown destination

perhaps all the way at the east end of the 1963 pak cession to
china of the indopak disputed land shown in crosshatching here
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/kashmir
_disputed_2002.jpg

but i havent been able to find any other evidence of this
extraordinary cnpk demarcation of 1984

so i am thinking there could be something a bit unusual & even
secretive going on here at these remote locations
with china & pakistan cooperating to cut india out of several
disputed areas

fascinating in any case

> also can you provide any more info on this other
> fascinating page of yours

http://www.geocities.com/sdrawkcabdom/Border-Images-Afghan
PakChina.html